DelphiFAQ Home Search:

How to waterproof my house's foundation


commentsThis article has not been rated yet. After reading, feel free to leave comments and rate it.


I have a house with a basement. Whenever it rains, water enters the house via a small hole in the foundation wall. This hole locates only about 1 foot below the ground level. I can tell from the outside exactly how the water got in and plan to set up a better drainage system outside.

Is there any material that I can use to patch up this hole from the inside?


You can get "hydraulic cement" from Home Depot and plug it from the inside. It can even be applied as the water is gushing it since hydraulic cement can fix pool leaks even under water.

For permanent better results, it'll have to be fixed from the outside. I had a few cracks in the foundation wall, so we dug down to the slab, had heavy duty plastic sheet placed over the wall after a compound was applied, then styro foam on top of that.

Content-type: text/html


2007-04-20, 02:47:33
anonymous from Australia  
I have been told that I will need to provide a waterproofing to my house which is approx 80 years old, is it possible to do it my self or do I need to get in a professional



NEW: Optional: Register   Login
Email address (not necessary):

Rate as
Hide my email when showing my comment.
Please notify me once a day about new comments on this topic.
Please provide a valid email address if you select this option, or post under a registered account.

Show city and country
Show country only
Hide my location
You can mark text as 'quoted' by putting [quote] .. [/quote] around it.
Please type in the code:

Please do not post inappropriate pictures. Inappropriate pictures include pictures of minors and nudity.
The owner of this web site reserves the right to delete such material.

photo Add a picture: